Occupational health is a specific sector in the health area that works to prevent diseases and work problems caused by the work environment and routine. In general, its main objective is to promote quality of life and physical, mental and social well-being of company employees.
Investment in corporate wellness coaching certification professional to ensure workers’ health and corporate fitness is present in more and more organizations. They realized that when a company does not think about the well-being of its employees, it loses not only in productivity, but also in the quality of its services and products.
To better understand the subject and discover some of the main occupational health actions adopted today, continue with us in reading this post!
Why invest in occupational health actions?
When a company puts employees first, it can only win. First, every company is built and grows with people. Second, because the well-being of the work teams favors productivity, the achievement of goals and the quality of deliveries.
In addition, it is a fundamental aspect to remain within the law. This is because occupational health is a mandatory sector for small, medium and large companies. Who oversees this issue is the Ministry of Labor, which also imposes all rules regarding the worker’s quality of life.
Among the objectives of occupational health, we can mention:
- Ensure a safe and healthy work environment, providing greater motivation and production among employees;
- Control risks in the workplace;
- Ensure the correct and safe execution of the work team functions;
- Provide immediate medical care in case of accidents at work or emergencies caused by occupational diseases;
- Ensure the rehabilitation of employees in situations like the one mentioned above;
- Implement preventive strategic actions, as well as periodic examinations.
Think carefully: strategically, it is more advantageous – both for companies, financially, and for employees – to redirect resources for awareness and prevention actions.